The course is of four semester duration following the syllabus prescribed by Anna University to which the college is affiliated with an intake of 18 students.
The CAD Lab provide infrastructure facilities for the students to learn
75 computers including IBM server, IBM intellistation , IBM high end workstation, IBM Dual core desktop computers, Laser printers, A3 & A1 plotters, Inkjet printers, Audio-Video system with LCD projector.
• AUTOCAD 2008
• AUTOCAD MECHANICAL 2008
• AUTODESK INVENTOR
• IDEAS 9.0
• CADIAN 2008
• PRO-E Wildfire 3.0
• SOLID EDGE 16.0
• ANSYS 11.0
• EDGECAM 11.0
• DENFORD SIMULATION SOFTWARE
• STATISTICAL PROCESS CONTROL SOFTWARE
• RELIABILITY ASSESMENT OF MECANICAL SYSTEM
• FAILURE MODE EFFECT ANALYSIS
• RELIABILITY ASSURANCE TESTING OF EQUIPMENTS
This laboratory is well equipped with CNC Machineries. The students are being trained to know the concept of part programming, simulation and NC Code Generation. Students are given knowledge in the following:
MANUAL PART PROGRAMMING (using G and M codes) in CNC Lathe
* Part programming for Linear and Circular interpolation, Chamfering and Grooving
* Part programming using standard canned cycles for Turning, Facing, Taper turning and Thread cutting
MANUAL PART PROGRAMMING (using G and M codes) in CNC Milling
* Part programming for Linear and Circular interpolation and Contour motions.
* Part programming involving canned cycles for Drilling, Peck drilling, and Boring.
List of Equipments:
* Starturn CNC Turning Centre
* Flexible Manufacturing Cell
* ARISTO VA6E Robot
* SGS ‘T’ Turn 135 CNC Lathe
* Vertical Turret Milling Machine
* HP LaserJet Printer